To be included in the SANG database, organizations MUST:
- Provide health, social, or human services to the residents of the Southern Adirondack region of New York State.
- Be in existence a minimum of 6 consecutive months or affiliated with an organization that has been in existence for a minimum of 1 year.
- Agree to update information annually and as changes occur.
- Fall under the following service provider type:
- Federal, state, county, and/or municipal government social service programs
- Non-profit organizations providing social services such as faith-based organizations, community groups, self-help and advocacy groups, professional organizations
- For-profit organizations that meet community needs not otherwise available
- Local chapters of national organizations
- Individuals, private/group practices
- Organizations whose services are for members only
- Out of area organizations that provide services also provided by local organizations
All organizational information will be reviewed at least annually. To maintain an active listing in the database, organizations must provide updates annually and as changes occur.
SANG reserves the right to exclude and/or remove organizations for:
- Misrepresentation including, but not limited to services available, hours open, etc.
- Using information contained in this database for financial gain
- Criminal/illegal practices
- Consistently not updating information
If an organization requesting inclusion is excluded or removed, the organization will be notified by mail or email. Exclusion/removal appeals may be directed to the SANG committee. Organizations will be notified by letter or email within 2 weeks.
Inclusion/exclusion criteria will be reviewed, and updated if necessary, a minimum of every three years.
- The information contained in the SANG database is intended for general information purposes only. In no event will SANG be held liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages resulting directly or indirectly from the user’s employment of the system. The user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold SANG and the information providers harmless from and against any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses resulting, directly or indirectly, from use of the system.
- SANG does not recommend or endorse organizations included in the database. Inclusion does not constitute an endorsement and exclusion does not constitute disapproval.
- Information in the SANG database has been provided by the organization. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information. Records are updated annually, and it is the responsibility of the listed organizations to report corrections and changes in the interim. SANG assumes no responsibility for omissions or errors and reserves the right to edit information to meet the format and standards of the database.